Well, it looks like my blog hosting just auto-renewed for another year. Better do something with this space, right?
Just some updates. Everything is still awesome in the world of yours truly. I just don’t seem to blog much anymore. No one does, really. TL;DR and all that.
But I still do things. If I have something to say, I usually say it on Twitter. If you’re not following me there, you really should. It’s where I’m at my most awesome-est. When I need to say something longer than 140 characters, our two podcasts are still rocking right along. Bad movie fans should check out BMFcast.com and video game players should listen to NoQuarters.net. Both are awesome, and should be enjoyed even if you don’t like video games or bad movies.
We’ve also added live streaming to our shows. When we stream live we usually let everyone know via Twitter (either @BMFcast or @NoQuartersNet). Currently this is done via Google Hangouts and then archived to YouTube, so check out the dedicated YouTube pages for both Bad Movie Fiends and No Quarters.
I’m still making the videos as well. 31 Horror Movies in 31 Days continues, against my better judgment. I may or may not be doing Sci-Fi Spring Break again too. And Worst Movie Scenes of All Time has recently been rebranded and relaunched as Watch This Scene, mainly to update the graphics and theme music WHICH WILL ROCK YOU LIKE A HURRICANE. We’re also making video game related videos over on the No Quarters channel.
And if I’ve needed to say something about a movie I’ve been doing so on Letterboxd, which if they get their shit together could end up being a great social network site for movie lovers.
So, there’s an update. Hosting fee justified. Not really.
Start of the month means a slew of new/newly renewed stuff hits Netflix Instant, so here’s a not-so quick look at the more notable titles…
- 1313: UFO Invasion – Sci-fi shenanigans. GAY SCI-FI SHENANIGANS!
- 2-Headed Shark Attack
- 9 1/2 Weeks
- The Accidental Tourist
- Agent Cody Banks
- Alien Armageddon
- Almost Heroes – Matthew Perry and Chris Farley kinda-comedy. Directed by Christopher Guest
- Arsenic and Old Lace
- Arthur – The good one.
- The Avengers – The bad one.
- Battlefield Earth – Must be seen to realize just how awful a movie can be.
- The Beguiled – 70s Clint Eastwood western
- Belly of the Beast – More Steven Seagal bullshit!
- Bonnie and Clyde
- Broken Arrow – Better than people give it credit for
- Bruce Lee: The Legend – Late 70s documentary
- Captain Kronos: Vampire Hunter
- Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
- Chariots of Fire
- Cheech Marin and Friends: Live from South Beach
- Children of the Corn: Genesis
- The Cutting Edge
- Demolition Man
- Dial M For Murder
- A Dirty Shame
- Disclosure – Michael Douglas has sex.
- Doc Hollywood
- Dracula: Dead and Loving It
- Dumb and Dumber
- Empire Records
- Enter the Dragon
- Exit Wounds
- Fatal Attraction – Michael Douglas has sex.
- Final Analysis
- Free Willy
- Free Willy 2
- Friday the 13th
- Friday the 13th Part 2
- Funny Farm
- Hellraiser: Revelations
- The Horsemen
- How to Steal A Million
- Howard’s End
- The Human Centipede 2: Full Sequence
- The Incredible Mr. Limpet
- The Incredible Shrinking Woman – Galaxy Glue… Galaxy Glue… what would we do without Galaxy Glue…
- Judgement Day – Ice T, Coolio and Mario Van Peebles
- Juice – How far will you go to get it?
- Just Write – One of the best romantic comedies of the 1990s.
- Ken Burns: Baseball
- Last of the Dogmen
- Let It Ride
- Little Shop of Horrors – The 80s version
- Mr. Deeds
- My Fellow Americans
- Mystic Pizza
- No Escape – Like the Hunger Games, but with Ray Liotta
- Pay it Forward
- Permanent Midnight
- Pet Sematary
- Pet Sematary 2
- The Pledge
- Popatopolis – Documentary about B-grade filmmaker Jim Wynorski and his attempt to film his latest shitty movie.
- Presumed Innocent
- Queen of the Damned
- The Quest – JCVD’s directorial debut, and it’s pretty good
- Risky Business
- River’s Edge
- Romeo Must Die
- The Rookie
- The Russians are Coming, The Russians are Coming – Alan Arkin is genius in this
- Scream 2
- The Skulls
- Sling Blade
- Sometimes a Great Notion – The end of this Paul Newman-Henry Fonda movie is heartbreaking, and if you don’t think so, you have no soul.
- Soulja Boy: The Movie
- South of Heaven, West of Hell
- Space Cowboys
- Superman II
- Taylor Swift: Journey to Fearless
- Tequila Sunrise
- Tora! Tora! Tora!
- Tuff Turf – I always confuse it with THE NEW KIDS. James Spader is either menacing or being menaced in this one…
- Untamed Heart
- Welcome to Collinwood
- White Noise 2
- Adam-12: Seasons 1-7
- The Chicago Code: Season 1
- Eureka: Seasons 4.0-4.5
- GI Joe: Renegades – New cartoon series? Not sure.
- The Guild: Season 5
- Law and Order Criminal Intent: Season 10
- Leave It To Beaver: Seasons 1-6
- Magnum PI: Season 1-8
- McMillan and Wife: Season 1-6
- My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Season 1 – *shudder*
- Pound Puppies: Season 1
- Quincy ME: Seasons 1-8
- Sarah Silverman: Jesus is Magic
- Sigmund and the Sea Monsters: Season 1
- Sinbad: Afros and Bellbottoms
- Sinbad: Nothin’ But the Funk
- Traffic Light: Season 1
- Transformers Prime: Season 1
- Waking the Dead: Series 5
Quick list of a bunch of new to Netflix Instant titles that, if you’re not a total douchebag, you should find something to entertain yourself with for your measly $8 monthly fee.
Amazing Stories: Seasons 1-2
Beneath the Darkness
The Best of Triumph the Insult Comic Dog
Broadway Danny Rose
Crossing Jordan Seasons 1-6
Death Race 2000
Futurama Volume 6
Ghidorah: The Three Headed Monster
Ghost Hunters: International
Half Past Dead
Humanoids From The Deep
King of California
Knight Rider Seasons 1-4
The Lonely Guy
Project X (1987)
Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band
Top Gear: Series 16
Witness For The Prosecution
Things new and returning to Netflix Instant. THINGS YOU SHOULD WATCH! The list mostly appears to be license renewals, but there are a ton of worthwhile titles making an appearance (or reappearance)…
Here’s a bunch of legal movies you can watch this weekend on Netflix Instant.
Hey, do you like Asylum movies? Well good, because this weekend you can watch a bunch of ’em.
Some interesting titles are now available for your streaming delight on Netflix.
Bond is back, again, on Netflix Instant. You can stream Diamonds Are Forever, Dr. No, For Your Eyes Only, Goldeneye, Goldfinger, License to Kill, Live and Let Die, The Living Daylights, The Man With the Golden Gun, Moonraker, Never Say Never Again, Octopussy, On Her Majesty’s Secret Service, The Spy Who Loved Me, Thunderball, A View to a Kill, The World is Not Enough and You Only Live Twice. Hurry though… as per usual the Bond films will expire in a month or so.
Hey look, a smattering of new titles to watch on Netflix streaming this weekend! It’s still called Netflix, right?
- OMG! The Top 50 Incidents in WWE History – If Kurt Angle driving a milk truck to the ring and blasting Stone Cold Steve Austin isn’t included, this is a sham.
- Conan O’Brien Can’t Stop – A documentary about the talk show host’s comedy tour after the NBC debacle.
- Raising Hope: Season One – One of last season’s true surprises. This is a terrific little sitcom, at least the first season is anyway. And when did Martha Plimpton get hot?